Chicken and Rice:
1 small whole chicken
4 shallots, peeled and minced
4 slices fresh, peeled ginger
4 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
6 to 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups jasmine rice
salt to taste

some sliced cucumbers and tomatoes to ur liking.

Chicken: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (enough water to immerse the chicken).Rub the cavity of the chicken with salt and stuff it with the garlic and ginger. Add the chicken to the boiling water, breast side-down. Lower the heat to a simmer just under boiling point and cook, covered, turned the chicken around half way, until just cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.

Transfer the chicken to an ice water bath for about 5 to 6 minutes. (This is to arrest the cooking and will make the chicken skin crisp.) Drain. De-bone the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Reserve the chicken stock, and keep hot. (alternative: throw in the big bones and continue boiling like I did.)

Rice: Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic and shallots and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the rice (uncooked) and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add enough of the hot reserved chicken soup to reach 1/2- inch above the top of the rice. Bring to the boil, add the salt, and lower the heat to low. When steam holes form in the rice, cover the wok, and steam until cooked, about 20 minutes. (Just be careful not to burn the bottom!)

Arrange the rice and poached chicken on a platter and drizzle with more sesame oil and light soy sauce (on the chicken). Serve with some sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Drizzle chili sauce on the rice.

Soup: There should be some more chicken stock/soup left, so serve the chicken soup in a bowl with some spring onions. (I didn't have spring onion, so I added some parsley instead)

With the chili sauce, I actually used a bottle of Hainanese Chicken Rice chili sauce. It did the job. But if u want to make it from scratch, it's very simple too.

Chili Sauce:
2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh red chilies
5 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and season with salt, to taste. Whisk 1/4 cup of the hot chicken stock into the chili sauce. Set aside.
英文...唔識睇
有冇中文版?
冇ar sor ar 我個frd malaysian 黎ga
咁我想知邊度有得食??
man utd~~~CARRICK

Cyndi Wang
我記得上環有一間叫做話好食d ge.....不過唔記得左叫mud.....near mtr station ga ho chi....
不過梗係malaysia 度個d最好食lah
可唔可以譯番中文喔~~~好難明得哂wo..
好似講緊海南雞飯
Originally posted by boy40hk at 2006-7-22 11:44 PM:
可唔可以譯番中文喔~~~好難明得哂wo..
係lor~唔係太識英文~
唔識個d烹調專用名既英文~
有電飯煲唔用,而要用鑊煮飯,不單complicate,而且難度好高。

其實將配料炒香之後,加雞湯煮滾,再將雞湯與米放落電飯煲煮,效果一樣。
好難咁wow
返回列表 回復 發帖
<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » 【飲食區】 » 我個frd教整ge Hainanese Chicken Rice

重要聲明:26fun.com為一個討論區服務網站。本網站是以即時上載留言的方式運作,26fun.com對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。26fun.com有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。