<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » Sports討論版 » ◆CLUTCH@火箭時刻◆「歡迎各位火箭或藍球迷入場」
返回列表 回復 發帖
Originally posted by 金魚佬 at 2006-4-11 11:03 PM:
Yao今次左腳骨折,將徹底告別本賽...
Probably his Tarsal bone is injuried....his injury looks like Owen's injury...
Originally posted by nashisthebestpg at 2006-4-12 04:40 PM:

最長6個月..........
會唔會好似webber,penny等有後遺症ga?
Yao's injury is not that serious....Yao's fifth metatarsal bone is broken...From the photo, you can see where Yao has injuried....

Webber, Penny and Amare's injury are different...Their Knee was injuried...Yao has to rest for 6 months because that bone takes long time to recover...
Michael Jordan, Elton Brand and Miek bibby came back from the same injury.That's not a big deal~~No worries..

Yao's injury detail: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3788382.html
fifth metatarsal.jpg

Ready for Relaunch
Rockets acquire James, Reed by trading Howard to Minnesota

HOUSTON -- Mike James remembers thinking one thing after hearing he'd been traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Houston Rockets on Thursday afternoon.

He's going to be a heck of a lot closer to home.

"I'm excited," said James, who is building a home in the Houston area. "My wife is from Houston and I'm playing in the same city that I'm calling home now. It's definitely a good feeling. I'm in a place where I want to be."

The feeling was more than mutual.

The Rockets re-acquired the veteran point guard along with reserve forward Justin Reed Thursday by trading power forward Juwan Howard to the Timberwolves.

The deal brings another ballhandler to Houston's roster and fills the team's need for more veteran depth in the backcourt.

Oh, and James is expected to provide a scoring boost.

"He's going to add scoring punch," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "We're excited to have him back. He doesn't believe in luck, but he's going to wear the No. 7 like he did when he went to Detroit and won a championship. Hopefully, some of that rubs off on us even though he doesn't believe in luck."

James, 31, is a gritty veteran who can play either guard position and has shown solid shooting range. During his six-year career, the guard has averaged 11.5 points, 4.0 assists and 2.5 rebounds. He is a 38.2 percent career shooter from three-point range.

Rockets coach Rick Adelman believes James will help his club push the tempo.

"We're hoping to push the ball and create quick opportunities," Adelman said. "One of the things the team does need is someone who can break people down and get to the basket. We're going to create opportunities for that, but (James') history is doing that. He's done it against my teams before so I'm really pleased that we were able to get him. It adds another dimension to you offensively that we don't have right now."

During the 2004-05 season, James emerged as a reliable scorer off the bench for the Rockets in 27 games with the franchise. He scored in double figures 16 times and had a strong postseason by canning 46.8 percent of his shots in Houston's 2005 first round series against Dallas.

Following that season, the Rockets traded him to Toronto for Rafer Alston. James had a career season with the Raptors in 2005-06, averaging 20.3 points and knocking down 44.2 percent of his three-point attempts. The Rockets pursued James as a free agent this past summer along with several other clubs before the point guard signed with the Timberwolves.

James will be joining a franchise that went into the offseason seeking more backcourt depth. The team relied almost solely on Alston at point guard during the 2007 playoffs with the veteran logging 44.1 minutes per game in the seven-game series. With James in the mix, the two point guards will be competing for minutes in training camp.

"I just come to play basketball," James said. "I just want to play. I just want to have fun. I just want to hoop. Where ever the chips may lay, it doesn't matter. I just want to play. I'm no good sitting on the bench, but that's anybody. Guys can only show what they can do when they're in the game. I know everybody wants to play, but you can't play all 48 minutes. I'm not coach Adelman so I can't say where I'm going to wind up."

Reed, 25, will join James in Houston. The fourth-year forward, who spent past 1 1/2 seasons in Minnesota, appeared in 41 games with the Timberwolves in 2006-07. He is capable of playing both forward spots with his 6-foot-9, 240-pound frame. Reed averaged 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 7.8 minutes last season.

"We had him in Boston," said Morey, who worked with the Celtics before coming to Houston. "He's really tough. He's a good individual and team defender. He has advanced in his years in the pros. He really didn't get much of a chance in Minnesota last year and he's in competition for minutes."

Howard, 34, started 38 games for the Rockets last season, but primarily provided veteran leadership off the bench. He averaged 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds.

Just after playoff final....It's time to start up NBA season 07-08 with some tradings~~

Nice job...Finally can get rid of Howard...Some rumours have been stated T-mac + Sura+Battier trade for Kobe and Kwarme Brown~~
It seems not a good deal, isnt it...~~??
Originally posted by 艾力克 at 2007-6-16 22:32:
雖然alston係唔穩, 但m.james+alston...
but do Rockets have enough caps for Artest...i know his contract is like 8-9M per year....
unless they offload Battier....or some bench players like Sura, Head....if they can trade or sign one more PF...that will be Marvelous~~

PG is now better as i dont really like Alston...he's too AND-1 style....Rick Adalman doesnt llike And-1 style too much.....and M.james's scoring power is far better than Alston...so he can be the third scoring force in Rocket...not M & M anymore~~
返回列表 回復 發帖
<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » Sports討論版 » ◆CLUTCH@火箭時刻◆「歡迎各位火箭或藍球迷入場」

重要聲明:26fun.com為一個討論區服務網站。本網站是以即時上載留言的方式運作,26fun.com對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。26fun.com有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。