<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » Sports討論版 » 活塞能否挑戰公牛常規賽紀錄?
返回列表 回復 發帖

re

好野

又嬴一場
Heh I didn't say he was never blocked by others. If a 6-4 low post guy wasn't blocked by someone else, its really a miracle. Well, I've seen him blocked D. Rob, Mutombo, Mchale... and dunked over Zo, Hakeem, Shaq...

Webb is another abnormal case, I admit. However, Webb didn't reach where Charles did, and I can't really say Webb had a successful career, thus hardly can Webb be a role model for anything. (The only thing he can proof is he can dunk, nothing more)

Aside from archievement, I still can't agree Shawn is a CB type. They have a totally different game style. Shawn is a player that somehow rely on the team (Nash), while teams (especially Sixers and Suns) rely on Charles more.

What you think he is a Charles type I guess is he can rebound and score. However, if you watch their games (guess its hard to find some Charles highlight nowadays) and their stat carefully, they are actually different. First thing is rebound. Shawn get his numbers mostly on defensive end, while Charles was better on offensive end (4.0 vs 2.6 career avg). Well, don't say that because Charles was a PF and Shawn is a SF. If Shawn can do a better job down low, he can play PF (which this is the first thing different with Charles). For scoring, Shawn scores mostly on open shot or by layups/dunks, which both are assisted by others (mostly Nash), while Charles can create his own shots, and also create for others. Their assists avg can tell you about this. (which this is the second thing different with Charles). Shawn does better on long range and Charles was a huge force down low. (and thats the 3rd different).

Yeah Charles was troublesome off the court, but mostly from his mouth. He talked too much trash. But at least, he didn't rape women or hook up with drugs. He did a couple of fights tho.

The only player whose game was similar to Charles I can think of was Larry Johnson.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/larry_johnson/index.html

[ Last edited by Chenjinnan on 2006-1-4 at 01:47 PM ]
地鎮南崗一派溪山千古秀
門朝大海三河合水萬年流
great to hear from u again. haha...so this time u r bringing up another retired player eh...haha...well...actually,i know about Larry johnson and SO u can save that "informative profile" for urself..haha...just jk man..
neway, itz true u didn't say that charles barkley had never been blocked..but this is the interpretation i got when i first looked at wut u wrote..but finally!! u made everything clear now..haha..and the reason why i said Webb can be a role model for life is due to the fact that his size didn't discourage him from pursuing his career in NBA...remember wut u said about Barkley?? guess u don't!! u said that he teaches us not to look down on ourselves..not to give up..blah blah blah..so i'm saying Webb is a better example for that case. get it? his size is extremely rare to be found in the NBA...extremely! i hope i'm making myself clear..gosh...lol..AND gosh..again...pls read wut i wrote about Shawn Marion...i said that he is Charles' type considering that he is an "undersized power forward", nothing to do with game style...game style is often coach's decision.. Both Marion and Barkley are undersized forward who can grab rebound, shoot threes, etc...Don't u see at least a little similarity? and just so u know, shawn marion does play PF in sun sometimes. Hez basically a forward, meaning that he can play both PF and SF... u might wanna watch his game..seems to me u hv no idea he plays PF sometimes..and he does score majority of his points down low this yr, not long range...and herez a link..http://www.nba.com/suns/news/marion_060103.html
u might wanna skim through it..the media is actually saying that the Suns is relying a lot on marion this yr..haha...suprisingly..haha...
Last point i wanna make before i leave is that "fighting" is BAD, especially in the states. A fight can often turn into a gunshooting incident cus u know, a lot of ppl have guns there, unlike in hk...so plz...dun make it sound like fighting isn't a big deal...itz a huge concern in USA!! AND SO saying that CHARLES BARKLEY is a role model sounds a total joke to me..hhaa..
Well, its more convincible for one with successful career than another without for being a role model right? At least Charles got conference title, MVP, all-star MVP, NBA First Team... He missed the ring only.

You can only say that Shawn and Charles are both undersized forward (this one I agree), period. But you can never say Shawn is a Charles' type. They have more differences than similarities.

I didn't appreciate Charles' fighting acts on or off the court either. (he didn't use gun, he himself was a torpedo already) Its bad. But hes not as worst as others' sexual lawsuit, firearms, drugs... IMHO.

Role model doesn't mean you have to learn everything from it, just pick the goods and drop the bads...

[ Last edited by Chenjinnan on 2006-1-4 at 03:32 PM ]
地鎮南崗一派溪山千古秀
門朝大海三河合水萬年流
Hahaha... pretty sorry to others that we have several posts here not related to Piston or Bulls...
地鎮南崗一派溪山千古秀
門朝大海三河合水萬年流
好大堆英文...=.="
billups好波,39分career is the high~
9個assist得 1 個to~
佢ge assist/turnover 真係好勁呢~
Originally posted by Chenjinnan at 2006-1-4 03:34 PM:
Hahaha... pretty sorry to others that we have several posts here not related to Piston or Bulls...
haha, 講到馬利安同巴克利~
YES YES YES...another reply from u again..haha..i guess i was pretty persuasive then huh...therez so many points u didn't answer (did u read the link?)....but itz ok..haha...at least u replied...and i guess ppl won't mind reading wut we wrote...they dun HAVE TO read it!
so i just wanna start off by saying that Spud Web is a successful person. Please think through before u write. again, u made another absurb statement, saying that he doesn't have a successful career..well..just think, he is in the NBA. "Neone" whoz in the NBA is successful, earning big bucks..
and plz!! i understand what defines role models...itz kinda like a behaviour example ppl would like to follow. But if i remember correctly, u r talking about role model for LIFE...  FOR LIFE, i repeat..so WEBB is better... For life model, a successful career doesn't mean as much as the the inspiration ppl get from the person. Webb has a successful career and also, he is definitely an inspiration to those who doesn't hv the height and yet wanna go to NBA.
And about SHAWN MARION...can u pls tell me what the differences are? i backed everything up in my previous post, but u didn't reply to any of my points...AND when u play bball with ppl and ppl say that u r like Yao Ming, they r simply implying two things. 1) u r tall 2) u play like him. And in shawn marion case, i am refering to the first point--> size haha. so i guess itz ok for most ppl to say SHawn marion is like Charles Barkley in terms of size and position.
And about fighting..hahah..i thought u were those kind of ppl who think fighting is cool..but i'm glad u r not..hahhha..violence is not the way to solve a problem and Charles barkley,being AN ADULT, still don't get this..OMG OMG OMGGGGG!! wut a model..lol he even said he himself is not a role model..glad he knows it. hohohoh..lastly, i meant to say that fighting in the states is a lot more serious than in hk..cus a lot of ppl carry gun..gun is everywhere...so a simple fight often turns into some sort of gun incident, like i said. cus u really sounded like fighting is nth before..thatz why i brought up the gun issue..neway, thanks again for ur time! hehe
Firstly, Webb will never as success as Charles. Secondly and personally, I don't agree Webb is successful, that's the point.

For Shawn, I guess I had clearly described what their differences between their game style in the previous post, so please read carefully. Also, if you say Shawn is undersize like Charles did, I again disagree. Charles is 6-4 and Shawn is 6-7. There are many 6-7 SF with good rebounding, like Richard Jefferson. But there are rarely a PF standing at 6-4, no matter he can score or rebound or what. Aside from height, Charles was simply a overweighted fat ball, while Shawn is in good shape. So from top to botton, left to right, they are no way similar. If you insist Shawn is a CB type, please give more actual examples.

I rather accept Shawn and Richard Jefferson are similar: same height, good rebound, 3s, quick, dunks... but I can't connect Shawn to Charles.

No, I don't like fighting. I always think all professional sportmen should behave themselves on and off the court. I was just saying that Charles did some bad fightings, which weren't as bad as sexual assault, drugs and firearms issue, nothing more. You can list out the consequence of gang fighting, but that didn't happen on Charles.
地鎮南崗一派溪山千古秀
門朝大海三河合水萬年流
hey hey hey....cool off buddy..relax...when u say web "will" nv be as successful as charles...i hope u know that web is already retired...he, for sure, didn't succeed as much as Webb...but he is still a success cus HE IS IN NBA!! thatz success, right?? and don't u think he can be an inspiration to ppl!? with his height and hops!?

and itz kinda unappropriate for u to ask me to read carefully when u r the one who don't...pls read my post after ur previous post. i said that game style is often decided by the coach...and shawn marion does play PF....omg..haha...and he is scoring majority of his point down low this yr.....omg...pls read...just read it..haha....i back up almost every single point u made in ur previous post..if u take some time to read it, u will get it...and yayyay....i like this comparision...i find shawn and jefferson comparison even more fit although barkley and marion is fit enuf..hahah..
and i'm glad to hear something bad about charles...wut a model!? haha....
返回列表 回復 發帖
<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » Sports討論版 » 活塞能否挑戰公牛常規賽紀錄?

重要聲明:26fun.com為一個討論區服務網站。本網站是以即時上載留言的方式運作,26fun.com對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。26fun.com有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。