<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » 財多學錢 » | 救市過山車2008 | 美國前境面面觀 | 歡迎討論 |
返回列表 回復 發帖
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-3 06:27 AM 發表

I can't agree more with your point;
However, nobody on earth has such a big bullet that can halt the crisis except from US Government.
AIG has vanished, and so do many of the banks next ...
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/165008/Tax-Wealthy-to-Pay-For-Bailout.html

that guy has the balls.

I've been reading the news like a hound. The House will MOST LIKELY pass it. The future is doomed.
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-3 10:09 PM 發表
10,607.34       |      ↑124.49   
the market is rising because people are going "hey, this is a good buying time", not just people here in the US, but people all around the world. The world is one big international market, what happens here affects the world, just as something in the HK market affects the US. This is why we do not need the 700 billion bill, we need to STOP printing more money, we need to STOP devaluing the dollar, the world WANTS to BUY. The last time someone printed out so much money, devalued their money so much, was Japan. They brought down the entire continent of Asia.

評分次數

原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-4 02:24 AM 發表
$700B bailout passes
President Bush poised to quickly sign historic $700 billion plan into law.

Woman, 90, shoots self inside foreclosed home
.... telling her story. "This bill fails to a ...
That is the root inherent problem OF THIS BILL. THIS IS WHY IT WAS IT WAS BLOCKED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THE GOVERNMENT IS OUT TO DESTROY ALL NORMAL AMERICANS, BOTH MCCAIN AND OBAMA APPROVED OF IT. AND WE EXPECT THOSE TWO TO LEAD THE COUNTRY? TO WHAT, INEVITABLE DESTRUCTION?
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-4 05:28 AM 發表

Block 左又 Approve....  
Approve 左又未必好

呢個事世,
做 Student 最好,
乜都唔駛理~
no, being a student sucks, being Non-American is the best. Not only is my tuition based on financial aid, I also work. Therefore not only are they taking my tax money, and instead of giving it back through financial aid, they have no money for financial aid because they're giving it all to the rich people.
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-5 12:19 AM 發表 [url=redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=2882565&ptid=191349][/url]

Fannie Mae forgives loan for woman who shot herself
"We'regoing to forgive whatever outstanding balance she had on the loan andgive her the house," Faith said. "Given the circumstances, we think i...
yes technically, they can get the loan back from her relatives. This is WHY WE DONT BAIL THEM OUT.
i saw this on facebook:
National Debt
After reading about the 700 billion, i thought hey, what about our national debt. Well, as we all know, it's about 10 trillion, tetering around 11 trillion, and i have facts to prove it.
In fact, aside from my little commentaries, all statistical facts are from the Treasury website, you know, where Paulson works.
So how much exactly does the US owe? Down to the PENNY?
Current Debt 10/02/2008
Held by the Public 5,869,084,491,601.97
Intragovernmental Holdings   4,279,664,792,482.18
Total Public Debt Outstanding

See that BIG FAT number under DEBT HELD BY THE PUBLIC?
That's what we owe. But that's not doing it justice, no, not even close. Let's break it down, TREASURY style.

What is the Debt Held by the Public?

The Debt Held by the Public is all federal debt held by individuals, corporations, state or local governments, foreign governments, and other entities outside the United States Government less Federal Financing Bank securities. Types of securities held by the public include, but are not limited to, Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds, TIPS, United States Savings Bonds, and State and Local Government Series securities.

Now apparantly individuals and corporations are in the same category, because you know we make millions if not billions in our entry level jobs with no benefits and can barely cover rent, I know I DO. Now suddenly the market collapses, oh no! We have to save these corporations even though they're the ones who have been gouging the market with 1) outsourcing 2) firing low level employees to protect the assets of the HIGH management 3) selling companies like commodities thereby creating an unstable work place and fluid work force who will shift from job to job. Then there are the banks, who lend money of course. To people who have a history of not paying back money, SUB-PRIME mortgages they call it. Wow, that sounds like an awesome idea, give money to people who don't pay it back. Sounding similiar to something else? HOLD ON for JUST a second. Now let's see for a second, 5,869,084,491,601.97, who's been hitting the shopping? You? Me? We could but that would mean that we will have to spend just about 24/7 buying from Armani and Hermes, and buying everything in bulk of 200 ( i dont know, i'm just making an example). Still, who do you think contributed to this debt the most? The individuals or the corporations? Probably the latter right? So apparantly it's fair that we foot that bill. Of course.

Now back to that point earlier i told you to hold onto. Remember the details?
1)Loan LOTS of money
2)to a person(s) with NO CREDIT
3)and is not expected to be paid back "in full", in full is a direct quote
4)the money is used to buy assets

well, let's see how it goes. Well since you're buying with borrowed money, it's a mortgage right? I mean we've played monopoly. Having no credit, that's not being "good" or "top"
So NOT so good/top quality mortgages. What's it called again? sub-good? no. that word is used with Ribs too. PRIME. there we go. SUB-PRIME MORTGAGES!
Wait, so in order to save the economy from these bad sub-prime mortgages, we dish out a 700 billion dollar SUB-PRIME MORTGAGE.

And we vote for these people? Not bernanke and paulson, they get appointed. That's the government's way of saying "haha" (in the nelson muntz voice of course)

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/go ... debt.htm#DebtMakeup

[ 本帖最後由 Lee3 於 2008-10-6 06:45 AM 編輯 ]

評分次數

原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-8 03:22 AM 發表
Bush: 'We're going to come through'
President reassures citizens, says government actions will prevent a painful and deep recession.

yea and Iraq is "Mission Accomplished".
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-9 05:43 AM 發表
七大央行減息救全球
野村證券駐倫敦利率策略部主管貝爾說,
多國央行聯手減息,
反映他們終於明白信貸危機的嚴重性 ,
此舉已令主要長期利率回落,
有助 ...
其實這一次的災難已經還好了。爲什麽這樣說?因爲我們有即時通訊,全世界的市場可以同步救市。那些大集團可以立刻抽離,普通市民也同樣可以即時抽離。早20年,每一個人都要打電話過去wall st, 如果這是在20年前,絕對是the second great depression, 不過現在雖然是“Depression", 沒有30年不會恢復到災難前的經濟,這次已經是還好。Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, 等等的大銀行沒有破產,為美國抵擋這最後一到防綫,如果他們也倒了。美國10000000000%完全經濟癱瘓,美金=worthless, 連zimbabwe也會比我們好。爲什麽會完全癱瘓?美金是以“信用“作爲價值的,意思說,美國的國債+美國在全世界的信用=美金的價值。所以如果美國所有的銀行都倒了,美金的價值就只能用國債來支撐,不過美國的國債是10trillion, 所以根本就在negative, 所以美金會沒有價值。

評分次數

The US treasury secretary has warned some banks will still fail despite the $700bn government rescue package to shore up the financial system.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7660403.stm

so when's he's asking for the 700 billion without oversight he's like "yea, just give us the money, it's 700 billion it'll fix everything" and now after he's got the money, SPENT IT. Oh shit, it was not enough, and now the whole world will go down.

Here's how it goes, the world is one big market. The internet and phone system has made it so, we can reach anyone in the world within seconds. Common fact. However, the problem with that is, if one place crashes, so does the world. This is what's happening. Now, how do we fix this, well if you have a broken seam, you just pull everybody closer and close it. That's how the market works, if the US market fails, well the markets in UK, Japan, China, etc can come in and buy our stocks. Cheap = buy, high = sell. What the 700 billion does is, it throws in 700 billion out of the blue from thin air. It wasn't there before, it has to be created. PROBLEM. Money doesn't come from trees, Money comes from the VALUE, by making NEW money every time something comes up, makes it worth less. The more you print the less it's worth. Now it IS possible that the market value of the dollar can be less than a dollar. That's the problem going on right now. Because we've thrown in NEW MONEY into the system, there's a sudden shift of money flow, well the normal people and businesses go "oh shit i can't compete with 700 billion" so they pull out. Well the problem with that is, THEIR money is a continuous flow, it constantly replenishes itself, the 700 billion runs out. Especially since the market is supporting the whole world.

Basically, people are just holding out, they're not willing to throw in their money because their money are being depreciated, it's not worth as much as it's nominal value. So they wait til it drops  more, drop so low it compensates for that 700 billion, and then their money will be worth the same or more than what it is.

The American market is a beached whale right now, it's dead and no one wants to touch it because they don't know if it'll blow up. Literally, beached whales, the dead ones, when they start to decompose, gasses build up on the inside, and sometimes it blows up because the skin can't hold that much gas. Back to my point, the only thing standing between complete market destruction and failure of the COUNTRY is literally like 4-5 banks. Those guys are so big that they can buy out those toxic firms, and still hold still. However, if no money is flowing through, they will still go broke, and when they do, the American dollar will be worthless. It will be worth less than the material it's made of.

Now the interesting is, one of the main reasons it's getting worse is panic. People are pulling out their bank accounts, their life savings, their checking, everything. The problem with that is, the banks need that money to survive. See, when we put money in banks, the bank doesn't store it as like a vault, it keeps a portion of it in cash, and use the rest in stocks, funds, trusts, and such. And when they make money with YOUR money, they cut you a percentage called the "interest", to keep you "interest"ed. Now what happens when large crowds pull out their money, well the bank DON'T have enough cash to actually give everyone their money back, so they have to sell their stocks, funds, trusts, etc to get that cash. Which then makes them poor, as they can only make money off of your money since they have no money. Those of you who play stocks know, if you dont have sufficient money, then well, too bad. You don't own anything. You don't have anything. Same with banks, once a good percentage pulls out, they don't have enough money to run, and they fail. That's why the FDIC protects up to 100,000 dollars. It's so that people DON'T pull out of these banks from fear. The FDIC has never deferred any payments, it's good.

Now what's egging this fear on is that no one in the white house, congress, federal reserve, treasury, the candidates know jack shit how to fix this. No one knows how to even look at this crisis. I don't know about you, but if the ENTIRE government and the FUTURE government don't know how to even approach a problem, you have a BIG problem. People understand that, and no one can actually come out and say, "hey, don't be afraid, this is the problem, this is how to ease it". Now realistically, no one expects anyone to be able to fix this within 30-50 years. All they want to know is, are their money safe. And it is. People need reassurance, if it's up to me, I would get the chairman of the FDIC to come out, and we'll have a speech together. We'll explain to people what is going on, and how they are protected. Because 1) you're not lying 2) you're calming people down 3) you're not making the problem bigger 4) you're making the problem smaller 5) that's how you show initiative and leadership.

評分次數

原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-9 11:19 AM 發表

其實這一次的災難已經還好了。爲什麽這樣說?因爲我們有即時通訊,全世界的市場可以同步救市。那些大集團可以立刻抽離,普通市民也同樣可以即時抽離。早20年,每一個人都要打電話過去wall st, 如果這是在20年前,絕對是the s ...
yea i'm actually surprised my bank is still up and running, i'd thought it'll be bought out by Bank of America when the crisis hits.
原帖由 Triangel 於 2008-10-10 03:41 AM 發表
Dow falls about 300 points pulling it below 9,000 -- its lowest intraday level since July 1, 2003.

What the Fed has done is eventually going to help turn things around, but people don't believe it ye ...
What has the Fed done that didn't screw up the economy farther? So that's how they fix things? Screw it up and then miraculously it will jump back up?

They can't even come out to the American public and explain to them WHAT they have done. In fact, the only people they ever talk to is banks and occasionally Congress. The problem with that is they control the money of EVERY American.
返回列表 回復 發帖
<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » 財多學錢 » | 救市過山車2008 | 美國前境面面觀 | 歡迎討論 |

重要聲明:26fun.com為一個討論區服務網站。本網站是以即時上載留言的方式運作,26fun.com對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。26fun.com有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。